On Tue, Jul 28, 2015 at 7:06 AM, Andres Freund <and...@anarazel.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On 2015-07-19 11:49:14 -0700, Jeff Janes wrote:
> > After applying this patch to commit fdf28853ae6a397497b79f, it has
> survived
> > testing long enough to convince that this fixes the problem.
>
> What was the actual workload breaking with the bug? I ran a small
> variety and I couldn't reproduce it yet. I'm not saying there's no bug,
> I just would like to be able to test my version of the fixes...

It was the torn-page fault-injection code here:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bzqrh1SO9FcEfkxFb05uQnJ2cWg0MEpmOXlhbFdyNEItNmpuek1zU2gySGF3Vk1oYXNNLUE

It is not a minimal set, I don't know if all parts of this are necessary to
rerproduce it.  The whole crash-recovery cycling might not even be
important.

Compiled with:

./configure --enable-debug --with-libxml --with-perl --with-python
--with-ldap --with-openssl --with-gssapi
--prefix=/home/jjanes/pgsql/torn_bisect/

(Also with or without --enable-cassert).

I just ran "sh do.sh >& do.out" and eventually it stopped producing output,
and I find everything hung up.

Cheers,

Jeff