Michael Paquier <michael.paqu...@gmail.com> writes:
> On Fri, Sep 4, 2015 at 12:04 PM, Tom Lane <t...@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> Attached is an updated patch with comments to this effect and some
>> minor other code cleanup (mainly, not assuming that CurrentResourceOwner
>> is the right thing to use in AtSubAbort_Portals).

> Thanks! This looks good to me.

If no further comments, I'll see about pushing and back-patching this.

In the stable branches, the new field in Portal needs to go at the end,
to avoid an ABI break for extensions that look at Portals.  Otherwise I'm
inclined to push it as-is.  In particular, that would break any extensions
that call AtSubAbort_Portals() directly, but I'm having a really hard time
believing that there are any.  (If anyone can make a case that there are
some, the fallback would be to remove the new argument in the back
branches and make AtSubAbort_Portals depend on CurrentResourceOwner again;
but I'd rather not do it that way.)

Also, I am very strongly tempted to convert the original problem-causing
Assert in relcache.c into a regular runtime test-and-elog.  If we're wrong
about having sealed off this hole completely, I'd much rather see the
result be an elog than silent corruption of the relcache.