On 10/08/2015 08:19 AM, Michael Paquier wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 7, 2015 at 5:44 PM, Amir Rohan wrote:
>>>
>>> Perhaps. Do you have a suggestion regarding that? It seems to me that
>>> this is more useful in TestLib.pm as-is.
>>>

>> My mistake, the patch only shows some internal function being deleted
>> but RewindTest.pm (obviously) imports TestLib. You're right, TestLib is
>> a better place for it.
>
> OK. Here is a new patch version. I have removed the restriction
> preventing to call make_master multiple times in the same script (one
> may actually want to test some stuff related to logical decoding or
> FDW for example, who knows...), forcing PGHOST to always use the same
> value after it has been initialized. I have added a sanity check
> though, it is not possible to create a node based on a base backup if
> no master are defined. This looks like a cheap insurance... I also
> refactored a bit the code, using the new init_node_info to fill in the
> fields of a newly-initialized node, and I removed get_free_port,
> init_node, init_node_from_backup, enable_restoring and
> enable_streaming from the list of routines exposed to the users, those
> can be used directly with make_master, make_warm_standby and
> make_hot_standby. We could add them again if need be, somebody may
> want to be able to get a free port, set up a node without those
> generic routines, just that it does not seem necessary now.
> Regards,

If you'd like, I can write up some tests for cascading replication which
are currently missing.

Someone mentioned a daisy chain setup which sounds fun. Anything else in
particular? Also, it would be nice to have some canned way to measure
end-to-end replication latency for variable number of nodes.
What about going back through the commit log and writing some regression
tests for the real stinkers, if someone care to volunteer some candidate
bugs

Amir