On 26-11-2015 07:33, YUriy Zhuravlev wrote:
> On Thursday 26 November 2015 01:29:37 Euler Taveira wrote:
>> I give it a try. Nice WIP. IMHO you should try to support cmake version
>> that are available in the stable releases. Looking at [1], I think the
>> best choice is 2.8.11 (because it will cover Red Hat based distros and
>> also Debian based ones). Are you using a new feature from 3.1? I mean,
>> it should be nice to cover old stable releases, if it is possible.
> Maybe you are right. But by the time I finish my work I think 3.0 will become
> a standard. CMake is developing rapidly and soon will have version 3.4.1
> And one more thing: a normal documentation came with 3.0. :)
> But I try to check my code for 2.8.11, now I have 3.4.0 (latest for Gentoo).

Have in mind that stable distros have a long cycle and are not released
soon. If you are planning your cmake work for 9.6 or even 9.7, it is
prudent to suport Red Hat 7 or Debian 8 because it will be a pain in the
neck to install a new cmake version just to compile postgres.

--
   Euler Taveira                   Timbira - http://www.timbira.com.br/