Hi,

First off: Glad that you investigated, this has been bugging me.

On 2015-12-14 15:57:22 -0600, Merlin Moncure wrote:
> Also, after some experimentation I had better luck with
> rl_reset_screen_size() (vs rl_resize_terminal()) that seemed to give
> more regular behavior with the prompt.  So the consolidated patch with
> the configure check is attached.

Hm. rl_reset_screen_size() works well for me. rl_resize_terminal() not
so much.  Apparently the reason for that is that rl_reset_screen_size()
doesn't set ignore_env to to true when calling
_rl_get_screen_size(). I've verified that just toggling that parameter
changes the behaviour.

What bugs me about that a bit is that _rl_sigwinch_resize_terminal()
sets ignore_env to true.

Greetings,

Andres Freund