On Thu, Jan 16, 2003 at 11:17:42AM -0500, Jeff wrote:
> On Wed, 15 Jan 2003, mlw wrote:
>
> So with all that, you gotta appreciate both sides - hte fact pg "just
> works" and the tunability of bigger db's (Oh yeah - and we've actually had
> informix on the horn about the problem - their solution was "upgrade to
> 9.4 - it'll be out in march").

Here lies the real secret to why Open Source of all types keeps the
techies (like us) maximally happy: I know I've seen Tom Lane (and
others) often suggest an upgrade as the real fix for a problem, but  the
suggestion to upgrade to a not yet released version invariably includes
the option of applying the patch yourself. Not something Oracle can offer.

Ross