Assume a database with a couple of namespaces.  Give two of these
namespaces the names test_1 and test_2.  Under these namespaces create a
couple of tables with the names: example, example_2, example_3.

set search_path to test_1, test_2;

In the psql client, using a standard \d you will only see the namespace
test_1 listed and the tables underneath that.  test_2 will not be visible
due to the fact they fail the pg_table_is_visible() check.

I am not sure that is wise to do the pg_table_is_visible check on those
commands.  In my humble opinion, those commands are for understanding the
layout/structure/nature of the database.  If you can't see all your
namespaces that you set in your search_path then it could distort ones
understanding of the database.

--
||  D. Hageman                    <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  ||

TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster