On 2016/01/08 14:08, Etsuro Fujita wrote:
On 2016/01/07 21:50, Etsuro Fujita wrote:
On 2016/01/06 20:37, Thom Brown wrote:

I've run into an issue:

*# UPDATE master_customers SET id = 22 WHERE id = 16 RETURNING
tableoid::regclass;
ERROR:
CONTEXT:  Remote SQL command: UPDATE public.customers SET id = 22
WHERE ((id = 16)) RETURNING NULL

While working on this, I noticed that the existing postgres_fdw system
shows similar behavior, so I changed the subject.

IIUC, the reason for that is when the local query specifies "RETURNING
tableoid::regclass", the FDW has fmstate->has_returning=false while the
remote query executed at ModifyTable has "RETURNING NULL", as shown in
the above example; that would cause an abnormal exit in executing the
remote query in postgresExecForeignUpdate, since that the FDW would get
PGRES_TUPLES_OK as a result of the query while the FDW would think that
the right result to get should be PGRES_COMMAND_OK, from the flag
fmstate->has_returning=false.

Attached is a patch to fix that.

I added this to the next CF.

https://commitfest.postgresql.org/9/483/