On 21 December 2015 at 14:50, Victor Wagner <vi...@wagner.pp.ru> wrote:
> On Mon, 21 Dec 2015 17:18:37 +0300
> Teodor Sigaev <teo...@sigaev.ru> wrote:
>
>> Sorry, but there is something wrong with your patch:
>> % patch -p1 -C < ~/Downloads/libpq-failover-5.patch
>
> Really, somehow broken version of the patch got into message.
>
> Here is correct one.

The segfault issue I originally reported now appears to be resolved.

But now I have another one:

psql
'postgresql://thom@127.0.0.1:5530,127.0.0.1:5531,127.0.0.1:5532,127.0.0.1:5533/postgres?hostorder=random&readonly=1&failover_timeout=5'
-c 'show port'

Segmentation fault

This is where no nodes are available.  If I remove hostorder=random,
or replace it with hostorder=sequential, it doesn't segfault.
However, it then tries to connect to PGHOST on PGPORT repeatedly, even
if I bring up one of the nodes it should be looking for.  Not only
this, but it seems to do it forever if failover_timeout is greater
than 0.

Thom