On Thu, Jan 21, 2016 at 8:51 AM, Peter Geoghegan <p...@heroku.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 20, 2016 at 2:56 PM, Tom Lane <t...@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> As a concrete example, I recall that Heikki or someone had a tool for
>> checking WAL replay by comparing master and slave disk contents.  We
>> should make an effort to get that into a state where anyone can use it.
>
> I think that that was initially Jeff Janes. Jeff also provided great
> testing infrastructure for UPSERT, something that I was very grateful
> for.

You mean the full-page write consistency tool? Heikki initiated that,
a common interface to be able to mask pages and make them consistent
for comparison on the master and the standby was also part of the
deal. Another tool that we had better IMO put some efforts in porting
into core is sqlsmith, which would actually be a complete rewrite
because the upstream code is under GPL license and depends on libpqxx.
--
Michael