On Fri, Jan 22, 2016 at 11:46 PM, Simon Riggs <si...@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:

> On 22 January 2016 at 16:34, Robert Haas <robertmh...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> For my part, I am not sure the names in the release notes are actually
>> all that helpful.
>

> It has one important effect of current interest: establishing the truth
> that multiple people and multiple companies are involved in producing and
> maintaining PostgreSQL. Whether the names are properly attributed will
> always be a time-consuming task, but I will oppose any attempt to remove or
> obscure evidence of who develops PostgreSQL, wherever that occurs.

Thats a valid point and I think one way to retain such an evidence
without adding name of author/reviewer/committer is to add a link to
commit/'s after each feature, something like whats done in some of
the other release notes [1].

[1] - http://kernelnewbies.org/LinuxChanges

With Regards,
Amit Kapila.