On 2016/01/29 1:26, Ashutosh Bapat wrote:
Here's an updated version of the previous patches, broken up like before

2. pg_fdw_join_v3.patch: changes to postgres_fdw - more description below

Here is the summary of changes from the last set of patches

2. Included fix for EvalPlanQual in postgres_fdw - an alternate local
path is obtained from the list of paths linked to the joinrel. Since
this is done before adding the ForeignPath, we should be a local path
available for given join.

I looked at that code in the patch (ie, postgresRecheckForeignScan and the helper function that creates a local join path for a given foreign join path.), briefly. Maybe I'm missing something, but I think that is basically the same as the fix I proposed for addressing this issue, posted before [1], right? If so, my concern is, the helper function probably wouldn't extend to the parameterized-foreign-join-path cases, though that would work well for the unparameterized-foreign-join-path cases. We don't support parameterized-foreign-join paths for 9.6?

Best regards,
Etsuro Fujita

[1] http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/5666b59f.6010...@lab.ntt.co.jp