select
        parse_ident(E'X\rXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX');

I am sending updated patch - I used json function for correct escaping - the
escaping behave is same.

Hmm, it doesn't look so:
% select parse_ident(E'_\005');
ERROR:  identifier contains disallowed characters: "_\u0005"
% select parse_ident(E'\005');
ERROR:  missing identifier: "\u0005"

but

# select parse_ident(E'"\005"');
 parse_ident
-------------
 {\x05}

Error messages above point wrong character wrongly.

One more inconsistence:
# select parse_ident(E'"\005"') as "\005";
  \005
--------
 {\x05}

Display outputs of actual identifier and parse_indent are differ.

Actually, I can live with both but are any other opinions? Seems, at least difference of actual identifier and output of parse_indent should be pointed in docs.

--
Teodor Sigaev                                   E-mail: teo...@sigaev.ru
                                                   WWW: http://www.sigaev.ru/