On 3/10/16 7:48 AM, Robert Haas wrote:
I think the problem is that you can't show the name of a non-global
SQL object (such as a relation) unless the object is in the current
database.  Many of the views in the first group are database-local
views, while things like pg_locks span all databases.  We can show the
datid/relid always, but if we have a relname column it will have to be
NULL unless the datid is our database.

I would prefer that if the object is in another database we at least display the OID. That way, if you're logging this info you can go back later and figure out what was going on.