On Thu, Mar 17, 2016 at 9:01 AM, Robert Haas <robertmh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'll look at 0005 next, but thought I would send these comments along first.

0005: This is obviously very much WIP, but I think the overall
direction of it is good.
0006: Same.

I think you should use PGINVALID_SOCKET rather than -1 in various
places in various patches in this series, especially if you are going
to try to merge the Windows code path.

I wonder if CreateEventSet should accept a MemoryContext argument.  It
seems like callers will usually want TopMemoryContext, and just being
able to pass that might be more convenient than having to switch back
and forth in the calling code.

I wonder if there's a way to refactor this code to avoid having so
much cut-and-paste duplication.

When iterating over the returned events, maybe check whether events is
0 at the top of the loop and skip it forthwith if so.

That's all I've got for now.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company