From: "Bruce Momjian" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> I am using SRA's Win32 port here on XP, and it doesn't use readline.
>
> It does have arrow handling for psql, but does not do Control-A/E
> handling, nor keep the history between psql invocations.  I assume this
> is what the limited command-line handling they are talking about.

Probably. But readline is GPL'd (not LGPL'd), so my company can't bundle it
or anything that uses it with any non-GPL software we distribute. Similar
arguments probably apply to a cygwin based port (not one built using cygwin,
but requiring it to run) - IANAL but the company has to err on the side of
caution here.

andrew