On 04/05/2016 12:42 PM, Teodor Sigaev wrote:
I've been asked to look at and comment on the SQL API of the feature. I think it's basically sound, although there is one thing that's not clear from the regression tests: what happens if we're inserting into an object and the key
already exists? e.g.:

select jsonb_insert('{"a": {"b": "value"}}', '{a, b}', '"new_value"');

I think this should be forbidden, i.e. the function shouldn't ever overwrite an existing value. If that's not handled it should be, and either way there should
be a regression test for it.

I'm agree about covering this case by tests, but I think it should be allowed.
In this case it will work exactly as jsbonb_set

It seems to me a violation of POLA to allow something called "insert" to do a "replace" instead.

cheers

andre