OK point taken. What about the issue that the comments get merged into
later docs, which is often not helpful if someone is searching the older
docset (because they are using the older version)?

Perhaps we should then prune the garbage out of the old version, and
make the comments version specific so that we start afresh with the new
docs, but leave the useful comments against the older versions?

Regards, Dave.

TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster