On 2016/04/19 12:26, Michael Paquier wrote:
On Tue, Apr 19, 2016 at 12:16 PM, Noah Misch <n...@leadboat.com> wrote:
On Sat, Apr 16, 2016 at 08:59:40AM +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:

Here is a new version. I just recalled that I forgot a PQclear() call
to clean up results.

Thanks for updating the patch!

Robert, the deadline to fix this open item expired eleven days ago.  The
thread had been seeing regular activity, but it has now been quiet for three
days.  Do you have an updated plan for fixing this open item?

Note for Robert: pgfdw_get_result copycats PQexec by discarding all
PQresult received except the last one. I think that's fine for the
purposes of postgres_fdw, but perhaps you have a different opinion on
the matter.

That seemed reasonable to me, but sorry, on second thought, I'm not sure that's still a good idea. One reason is (1) I think it's better for the in-postgres_fdw.c functions using pgfdw_get_result to verify that there are no more results, in itself. I think that would improve the robustness of those functions. Another reason is I don't think pgfdw_report_error, which is used in pgfdw_get_result, works well for cases where the query contains multiple SQL commands. So, +1 for the idea of simply encapsulating the while (PQisBusy(...)) loop into a new function pgfdw_get_result().

Best regards,
Etsuro Fujita