"Christopher Kings-Lynne" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>> You want regex_flavour? ;-)

> Hehe - yeah I don't really care.  I have to use 'color' often enough
> accessing 100% of the world's programming APIs...

> How about regex_type, regex_mode, regex_option, etc.? ;)

Well, I used "flavor" in my previous message because Friedl uses that
term consistently in his book to refer to the various idiosyncracies
of different regex implementations.  It seems like a good term to me;
the differences among them don't rise to the level of being different
languages, yet they're distinctly different.

type, mode, option all seem, um, colourless ...