On Wed, Jan 27, 2016 at 11:56 AM, Fujii Masao <masao.fu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 25, 2016 at 4:03 PM, Jeff Janes <jeff.ja...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> In reviewing one of my patches[1], Fujii-san has pointed out that I
>> didn't include checks for being in recovery, or for working on another
>> backend's temporary index.
>>
>> I think that brin_summarize_new_values in 9.5.0 commits those same
>> sins. In its case, I don't think those are critical, as they just
>> result in getting less specific error messages that one might hope
>> for, rather than something worse like a panic.
>>
>> But still, we might want to address them.
>
> Agreed to add those checks.

Attached patch does this.

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao
*** a/src/backend/access/brin/brin.c

+ 	if (RecoveryInProgress())
+ 		ereport(ERROR,
+ 				(errcode(ERRCODE_OBJECT_NOT_IN_PREREQUISITE_STATE),
+ 				 errmsg("recovery is in progress"),
+ 				 errhint("BRIN page ranges cannot be summarized during recovery.")));
+
  	/*
  	 * We must lock table before index to avoid deadlocks.  However, if the
  	 * passed indexoid isn't an index then IndexGetRelation() will fail.
***************
*** 817,822 **** brin_summarize_new_values(PG_FUNCTION_ARGS)
--- 823,838 ----
  				 errmsg("\"%s\" is not a BRIN index",
  						RelationGetRelationName(indexRel))));

+ 	/*
+ 	 * Reject attempts to read non-local temporary relations; we would be
+ 	 * likely to get wrong data since we have no visibility into the owning
+ 	 * session's local buffers.
+ 	 */
+ 	if (RELATION_IS_OTHER_TEMP(indexRel))
+ 		ereport(ERROR,
+ 				(errcode(ERRCODE_FEATURE_NOT_SUPPORTED),
+ 			   errmsg("cannot access temporary indexes of other sessions")));
+
  	/* User must own the index (comparable to privileges needed for VACUUM) */
  	if (!pg_class_ownercheck(indexoid, GetUserId()))
  		aclcheck_error(ACLCHECK_NOT_OWNER, ACL_KIND_CLASS,