On Mon, Jun 6, 2016 at 2:35 PM, Andres Freund <and...@anarazel.de> wrote:
>> > Why would they have to write the complex query?  Wouldn't they just
>> > need to run that we wrote for them?
>
> Then write that query. Verify that that query performs halfway
> reasonably fast. Document that it should be run against databases after
> subjecting them to tests. That'd address my concern as well.

You know, I am starting to lose a teeny bit of patience here.  I do
appreciate you reviewing this code, very much, and genuinely, and it
would be great if more people wanted to review it.  But this kind of
reads like you think that I'm being a jerk, which I'm trying pretty
hard not to be, and like you have the right to tell assign me
arbitrary work, which I think you don't.  If you want to have a
reasonable conversation about what the options are for making this
better, great.  If you want to me to do some work to help improve
things on a patch I committed, that is 100% fair.  But I don't know
what I did to earn this response which, to me, reads as rather
demanding and rather exasperated.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company