On Tue, Jun 7, 2016 at 1:35 AM, Michael Paquier <michael.paqu...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 3, 2016 at 11:25 PM, Tom Lane <t...@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> > Michael Paquier <michael.paqu...@gmail.com> writes:
> >> Actually, the docs could be more polished.
> >
> > I think the docs could stand to be rewritten from scratch ;-).  But
> > upthread there was an offer to work on them if we made the code behavior
> > saner.  I've done the latter part, I don't want to do the former.
>
> I have finally given a shot at improving the docs with the attached.
> Comments are welcome.

​It would be nice to give guidance on selecting a bit size for columns and
a signature length​.  Yes, Wikipedia covers the topic but to get the reader
started some discussion of the relevant trade-offs when using larger
numbers than the default would be nice.  I don't suspect using smaller the
default values is apt to be worthwhile...

David J.