On 06/07/2016 05:44 PM, Robert Haas wrote:
adminpack: Doesn't seem useful.

The case I imagined was if someone would use these functions on the result from a slow CTE and would want the CTE to be executed in parallel. I have no idea if that is a realistic case, but I rarely use adminpack in my own work.

chkpass: Doesn't seem useful.

Agreed.

dblink: Isn't changing dblink_fdw_validator pointless?  The others I get.

Yeah, but since it is just one function I think it makes sense to change it when we already are bumping the version of the extension. I think it makes sense to skip whole extensions, like chkpass or bloom, but if it is just a few functions where it does not matter, why not tag them as safe? Personally I think the churn which really matters is if we have to bump the extension version or not.

Andreas