On Mon, Jun 13, 2016 at 04:46:19PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> Robert Haas <robertmh...@gmail.com> writes:
> > In practice, we don't yet have the ability for
> > parallel-safe paths from subqueries to affect planning at higher query
> > levels, but that's because the pathification stuff landed too late in
> > the cycle for me to fully react to it.
>
> I wonder if that's not just from confusion between subplans and
> subqueries.  I don't believe any of the claims made in the comment
> adjusted in the patch below (other than "Subplans currently aren't passed
> to workers", which is true but irrelevant).  Nested Gather nodes is
> something that you would need, and already have, a defense for anyway.

[Action required within 72 hours.  This is a generic notification.]

The above-described topic is currently a PostgreSQL 9.6 open item ("fix
possible confusion between subqueries and subplans").  Robert, since you
committed the patch believed to have created it, you own this open item.  If
some other commit is more relevant or if this does not belong as a 9.6 open
item, please let us know.  Otherwise, please observe the policy on open item
ownership[1] and send a status update within 72 hours of this message.
Include a date for your subsequent status update.  Testers may discover new
open items at any time, and I want to plan to get them all fixed well in
advance of shipping 9.6rc1.  Consequently, I will appreciate your efforts
toward speedy resolution.  Thanks.

[1]
http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/20160527025039.ga447...@tornado.leadboat.com