Bruce Momjian <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> Ross J. Reedstrom wrote:
>> On Wed, Feb 19, 2003 at 12:03:44AM +0100, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
>>> I don't like adding code to support every configuration that someone
>>> dreamed up but no one actually needs.
>>
>> Hmm, isn't this exactly what configure is  for?

> Configure is for such tests --- you are right, and we already test two
> places.

I have to side with Ross also.  Configure makes many tests that are
designed for situations much less common than his.  I don't see
the reason for refusing to accommodate this one.

(Not that I've looked at the details of the patch, mind you.  But in
principle it seems reasonable.)

http://archives.postgresql.org