On Sun, Sep 4, 2016 at 7:05 PM, Jim Nasby <jim.na...@bluetreble.com> wrote:

> On 9/3/16 2:35 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
>
>> I pushed the patch using this:
>>
>> Time: 176460001.200 ms (2 d 01:01:00.001)
>>
>> and all else as before.
>>

> I'd find this useful in the final output of EXPLAIN ANALYZE as well; any
> objections to adding it?

It's sorta out of my hands now, but what Tom said earlier is that because
this is client-side code, it wouldn't use existing interval code.

EXPLAIN *is* server-side, we couldn't use this code, but we could leverage
existing interval code there to achieve a similar concept.

I have another thing I'd like to add to EXPLAIN output : server version
number output. So maybe we can pick those up in another thread.