On Thu, Sep 15, 2016 at 10:48 AM, Keith Fiske <ke...@omniti.com> wrote: > Thomas Munro brought up in #postgresql on freenode needing someone to test a > patch on a larger FreeBSD server. I've got a pretty decent machine (3.1Ghz > Quad Core Xeon E3-1220V3, 16GB ECC RAM, ZFS mirror on WD Red HDD) so offered > to give it a try. > > Bench setup was: > pgbench -i -s 100 -d postgres > > I ran this against 96rc1 instead of HEAD like most of the others in this > thread seem to have done. Not sure if that makes a difference and can re-run > if needed. > With higher concurrency, this seems to cause decreased performance. You can > tell which of the runs is the kqueue patch by looking at the path to > pgbench.
Thanks Keith. So to summarise, you saw no change with 1 client, but with 4 clients you saw a significant drop in performance (~93K TPS -> ~80K TPS), and a smaller drop for 64 clients (~72 TPS -> ~68K TPS). These results seem to be a nail in the coffin for this patch for now. Thanks to everyone who tested. I might be back in a later commitfest if I can figure out why and how to fix it. -- Thomas Munro http://www.enterprisedb.com -- Sent via pgsql-hackers mailing list (email@example.com) To make changes to your subscription: http://www.postgresql.org/mailpref/pgsql-hackers