On Tue, Sep 6, 2016 at 10:11 AM, David Steele <da...@pgmasters.net> wrote:
> On 9/6/16 8:07 AM, Robert Haas wrote:
>> On Wed, Aug 31, 2016 at 9:45 PM, Simon Riggs <si...@2ndquadrant.com>
>> wrote:
>>> Related cleanup
>>> * Promotion signal file is now called "promote.trigger" rather than
>>> just "promote"
>>> * Remove user configurable "trigger_file" mechanism - use
>>> "promote.trigger" for all cases
>>

>> I'm in favor of this.  I don't think that it's very hard for authors
>> of backup tools to adapt to this new world, and I don't see that
>> allowing configurability here does anything other than create more
>> cases to worry about.
>
> +1 from a backup tool author.

It's time to wrap up this CommitFest, and this thread doesn't seem to
contain anything that looks like a committable patch.  So, I'm marking
this "Returned with Feedback".  I hope that the fact that there's been
no discussion for the last three weeks doesn't mean this effort is
dead; I would like very much to see it move forward.

Thanks,

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company