Robert Haas <robertmh...@gmail.com> writes:
> On Tue, Oct 4, 2016 at 3:38 PM, Tom Lane <t...@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> So I pushed that, and most of the Debian-based buildfarm critters
>> don't like it.  Where does Debian keep the python shlib, pray tell?

> ...must...not...say...I...told...you...so...

Meh.  How about you don't say it, until we get some evidence that that
actually has anything to do with it?

My immediate guess is that Debian decided that sticking the shlib in
${python_configdir} would be a cute idea after all, because it's hard to
think of what else they might've done that would have succeeded with the
old code and not the new.  But I'd rather not waste time on blind fix
attempts when there are people around here who can look at their
installations and tell me.

Also, I notice that on the animals that are now failing, the last
successful runs reported

checking how to link an embedded Python application... -L/usr/lib -lpython2.7
-lpthread -ldl  -lutil -lm
                                                         ^^^^^^^^

which would if anything suggest that the shlib *is* in /usr/lib on
these machines.  So maybe I fat-fingered some other aspect entirely,
but I can't yet guess what.