On Wed, Oct 19, 2016 at 6:44 PM, Heikki Linnakangas <hlinn...@iki.fi> wrote:

> On 10/19/2016 02:32 PM, Heikki Linnakangas wrote:
>

>> Oh, forgot that this needs to be backported, of course. Will do that
>> shortly...
>>

> Done.

Thanks!

> This didn't include anything to cope with an already-corrupt FSM, BTW. Do
> we still want to try something for that? I think it's good enough if we
> prevent the FSM corruption from happening, but not sure what the consensus
> on that might be..

I thought it will be nice to handle already corrupt FSM since our customer
found it immediately after a failover and then it was a serious issue. In
one case, a system table was affected, thus preventing all DDLs from
running. Having said that, I don't have a better idea to handle the problem
without causing non-trivial overhead for normal cases (see my original
patch). If you've better ideas, it might be worth pursuing.

Thanks,
Pavan

--
 Pavan Deolasee                   http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/