On Thu, Oct 27, 2016 at 9:05 AM, Michael Paquier
<michael.paqu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 27, 2016 at 7:16 PM, Amit Kapila <amit.kapil...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> This can create problem if the checkpoint record spans across multiple
>> segments, because you are updating minRecoveryPoint to start of
>> checkpoint record.  We need to update it to end+1 of checkpoint
>> record.  Please find attached patch which takes care of same.
>
> I gave up counting my mistakes on this thread, thanks. You should
> update the comments of XLogCtlData for the new field
> lastCheckPointEndPtr so as it is not used by the background writer but
> when creating a new restart point to define the minimum recovery
> point.

I committed and back-patched this with some additional work on the
comments, but I don't understand this remark.  That comment seems like
it should refer to the checkpointer in modern branches, but isn't that
point independent of this patch?

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company