Hello Sawada-san,

On Mon, Nov 7, 2016 at 4:47 PM, Masahiko Sawada <sawada.m...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 2, 2016 at 3:57 PM, Beena Emerson <memissemer...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > On Wed, Nov 2, 2016 at 4:16 AM, Fabien COELHO <coe...@cri.ensmp.fr>
> wrote:
> >>

> >> Hello Masahiko,

> >> Patch applies, compiles and works for me.
> >

> > It works for me as well.
> >

> >> This new option is for benchmarking, so "benchmarking_option_set" should
> >> be set to true.
> >>
> >> To simplify the code, I would suggest to initialize explicitely
> >> "logfile_prefix" to the default value which is then overriden when the
> >> option is set, which allows to get rid of the "prefix" variable later.
> >>
> >> There is no reason to change the documentation by breaking a line at
> >> another place if the text is not changed (where ... with 1).
> >>
> >> I would suggest to simplify a little bit the documentation:
> >>   "prefix of log file ..." ->
> >>   "default log file prefix that can be changed with <option>...</>"
> >>
> >> Otherwise the explanations seem clear enough to me. If a native English
> >> speaker could check them though, it would be nice.
> >

> > For the explanation of the option --log-prefix, I feel it would be
> better to
> > say "Custom prefix for transaction log file. Default is pgbench_log"
> >

> > -   <filename>pgbench_log.<replaceable>nnn</></filename>, where
> > +
> > <filename><replaceable>pgbench_log</replaceable>.<
> replaceable>nnn</></filename>,
> > +   where <replaceable>pgbench_log</replaceable> is the prefix of log
> file
> > that can
> > +   be changed by specifying <option>--log-prefix</option>, and where
> >
> > It could just say "the default prefix pgbench_log can be changed with
> option
> > --log-prefix, and " we need not use where again.
> >
> > Also the error message is made similar to that of aggregate-interval but
> > think the one in sampling-rate is better:
> >
> > $ pgbench --log-prefix=chk -t 20
> > log file prefix (--log-prefix) is allowed only when actually logging
> > transactions
> >
> > pgbench  --sampling-rate=1 -t 20
> > log sampling (--sampling-rate) is allowed only when logging transactions
> > (-l)
> >

> Thank you for reviewing this patch!
>
> Attached latest patch incorporated comments.
> Please review it.

Thank you for updating the patch.

I note that the current changes, break the behaviour when we do not use -l
option.

Since the log_prefix variable is set to default value, the check " if
(!use_log && logfile_prefix)"  always returns true. This throws error even
when we have not used the -l and --log-prefix option as shown below.

$ pgbench -T 50
log file prefix (--log-prefix) is allowed only when logging transactions
(-l)

Kindly fix this.

Thank you,

--