On Tue, Jan 3, 2017 at 12:05 PM, Mithun Cy <mithun...@enterprisedb.com> wrote:

As part performance/space analysis of hash index on varchar data type
with this patch, I have run some tests for same with modified pgbench.
Modification includes:
1. Changed aid column of pg_accounts table from int to varchar(x)
2.  To generate unique values as before inserted stringified integer
repeatedly to fill x.

I have mainly tested for varchar(30) and varchar(90),
Below document has the detailed report on our captured data. New hash
indexes have some ~25% improved performance over btree. And, as
expected very space efficient.

--
Thanks and Regards
Mithun C Y