Bruce Momjian <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> How about sending an INFO or special taged message to the client when
> there is a GUC change, and have report_changes as a GUC variable that
> controls it?

just brainstorming. But if you're changing the on-wire representation, perhaps
every transaction should just have a autocommit flag carried with it. Then you
don't need any persistent setting, and the library doesn't need to be editing
the text of transactions to insert BEGIN/COMMITs, the library just needs to
either set the flag or not on every transaction.

--
greg