> Even dropping the table and all of its indexes and recreating it does
> nothing to solve this problem, so I don't have any reason to suspect
> corruption of the table itself.  Corruption elsewhere is a
> possibility, I suppose, but I haven't noticed any strangeness
> elsewhere.

This sounds very similiar to problems I was having under the thread:

  Re: [HACKERS] BUG: Vacuum Analyze - datumGetSize: Invalid typLen 0

Dropping the table, indexes, and recreating it didn't help me either. I
had to drop the database!

What kind of platform are you on? 64-bit?

I've noticed that 7.4-snapshot fixed a huge amount of bugs, but the vacuum
analyze bug is still there.

--
Thomas