Hi

> Hello,
>

> I just saw on hackernews the announcement that sqlite includes a json
> extension.
>
> The proposed functions are really well documented and easy to apply and I
> was wondering if postgres could extend their json functions to be similar
> to those.
>

> https://www.sqlite.org/json1.html
>

> Some functions are similar (json_each) while others are missing in
> postgresql (json_set)
>

> Maybe it would also be a viable path to create a plugin and reuse some oft
> he code from the sqlite community?

I am not sure, if PostgreSQL upstream code can reuse SQLite code.

What I know the PostgreSQL target is SQL/JSON syntax - but SQLite
compatible JSON can be nice extension (maybe some more bigger - SQLitefce -
like Orafce)

Some work can be shared - SQLite has uses JSONPath that is required by
SQL/JSON

Regards

Pavel