On Friday April 4 2003 2:17, scott.marlowe wrote:

> OK, So I tried putting the 2>&1 before the | and all.  No matter what I
> try, every from the | on is ignored.  ps doesn't show it, and neither
> does pg_ctl status.  Both show a command line of
> /usr/local/pgsql/bin/postmaster as the only input to start the server.

Not clear if you're looking at it this way or if this is your problem, but
you can't really tell there is log rotation going on just by grepping ps
for postmaster because ps does not typically show the postmaster and the
rotatelogs together on the same line.  I wouldn't expect pg_ctl status to
know anything at all about rotatelogs when you pipe it like this.

Ed

http://archives.postgresql.org