On 2/18/17 4:26 PM, Jim Nasby wrote:
On 2/17/17 9:53 PM, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
Jim Nasby wrote:
See below. ISTM that pg_get_object_address should support everything
pg_identify_object_as_address can output, no?

I'm guessing the answer here is to have pg_identify_object_as_address
complain if you ask it for something that's not mapable.
Yes, I think we should just reject the case in
pg_identify_object_as_address.

Attached patch does that, and tests for it. Note that there were some
unsupported types that were not being tested before. I've added a
comment requesting people update the test if they add more types.

While testing a view on pg_depend, I discovered this has the unfortunate side-effect of meaning you can no longer use pg_identify_object_as_address against pg_depend.ref*. Using it against pg_depend was already problematic though, because it throws an error on the pinned objects if you try and hand it classid, objid or objsubid. So maybe it's OK.
855-TREBLE2 (855-873-2532)