From: pgsql-hackers-ow...@postgresql.org
> [mailto:pgsql-hackers-ow...@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of
> husttrip...@vip.sina.com
>          When using pg_stat_statements to collect running SQL of PG, we
> find it is hard for our program to get exact operation type of the SQL,
> such as SELECT, DELETE, UPDATE, INSERT, and so on.
>    So we modify the the source code of pg_stat_statements and add another
> output parameter to tell us the operation type.
> Of course some application know their operation type, but for us and many
> public databases, doing this is hard.
> The only way is to reparse the SQL, obviously it is too expensive for a
> monitoring or diagnosis system.
> We have done the job and are willing to post a patch.
> I sent one through my work mail, but it seems that my mail didn't reach
> the maillist, so I try again by using my personal mail account.

A view for counting the number of executions per operation type is being
developed for PostgreSQL 10, which is expected to be released this year.

https://commitfest.postgresql.org/13/790/

Would this fit your need?  If not, what's the benefit of getting the operation
type via pg_stat_statements?

Regards
Takayuki Tsunakawa