On 2/19/17 7:56 PM, Masahiko Sawada wrote:
The half-dead pages are never cleaned up if the ratio of pages
containing garbage is always lower than threshold. Also in gin index
the pending list is never cleared, which become big problem. I guess
that we should take action for each type of indexes.

What worries me is that each AM is going to have a different notion of what needs to happen to support this. That indicates that trying to handle this at the vacuum level is not a good idea.

I think it would be wiser to add support for skipping scans to the AM API instead. That also means you don't have to add support for this to every index type to start with.
855-TREBLE2 (855-873-2532)