On Mon, Feb 20, 2017 at 2:09 AM, Simon Riggs <si...@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> On 15 February 2017 at 15:46, Robert Haas <robertmh...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> It leaves me asking what else is missing.
>>
>> There is certainly a lot of room for improvement here but I don't
>> understand your persistent negativity about what's been done thus far.
>> I think it's pretty clearly a huge step forward, and I think Amit
>> deserves a ton of credit for making it happen.  The improvements in
>> bulk loading performance alone are stupendous.  You apparently have
>> the idea that somebody could have written an even larger patch that
>> solved even more problems at once, but this was already a really big
>> patch, and IMHO quite a good one.
>
> Please explain these personal comments against me.

Several of your emails, including your first post to this thread,
seemed to me to be quite negative about the state of this feature.  I
don't think that's warranted, though perhaps I am misreading your
tone, as I have been known to do.  I also don't think that expressing
the opinion that the feature is better than you're giving it credit
for is a personal comment against you.  Where exactly do you see a
personal comment against you in what I wrote?

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company