Hi,

I tried to test v8 version of patch. Firstly, I was able to start the
postgresql server process  with 'huge_pages' set to on. I had to
follow the instructions given in MSDN[1] to enable lock pages in
memory option and also had to start the postgresql server process as
admin user.

test=# show huge_pages;
 huge_pages
------------
 on
(1 row)

To start with, I ran the regression test-suite and didn't find any
failures. But, then I am not sure if huge_pages are getting used or
not. However, upon checking the settings for huge_pages and I found it
as 'on'. I am assuming, if huge pages is not being used due to
shortage of large pages, it should have fallen back to non-huge pages.

I also ran the pgbench tests on read-only workload and here are the
results I got.

pgbench -c 4 -j 4 - T 600 bench

huge_pages=on, TPS = 21120.768085
huge_pages=off, TPS = 20606.288995