On 3/18/17 09:31, Petr Jelinek wrote:
>> 0003 Add USAGE privilege for publications
>>
>> a way to control who can subscribe to a publication
>>
> Hmm IIUC this removes ability of REPLICATION role to subscribe to
> publications. I am not quite sure I like that.

Well, this is kind of the way with all privileges.  They take away
abilities by default so you can assign them in a more fine-grained manner.

You can still connect as superuser and do anything you want, if you want
a "quick start" setup.

Right now, any replication user connecting can use any publication.
There is no way to distinguish different table groupings or different
use cases, such as partial replication of some tables that should go
over here, or archiving of some other tables that should go over there.
That's not optimal.