On Fri, Apr 7, 2017 at 12:28 PM, Alvaro Herrera
<alvhe...@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> Peter Geoghegan wrote:
>> On Fri, Apr 7, 2017 at 11:37 AM, Andres Freund <and...@anarazel.de> wrote:
>> > Write Amplification Reduction Method (WARM)
>> > - fair number of people don't think it's ready for v10.
>
> Given the number of votes against putting this on pg10, I am going to
> back off from this patch now, with an eye towards putting it in pg11 as
> soon as the tree opens.  Either I or Pavan are going to post another
> version of this patch series, within the next couple of weeks, so that
> others can base their testing, review and suggestions.

My offer to work with you on amcheck verification of WARM invariants
remains open. If nothing else, structuring things so that verification
is possible may clarify your design. Formalizing the preconditions,
postconditions, and legal states for on-disk structures might just be
a useful exercise, even if verification never actually finds a
problem.

I anticipate that amcheck verification will become my main focus for
Postgres 11, in any case.

--
Peter Geoghegan

VMware vCenter Server