On 04/10/2017 12:12 PM, David Rowley wrote:
During my review and time spent working on the functional dependencies
part of extended statistics I wondered what was the use for the
pg_stats_ext view. I was unsure why the length of the serialised
dependencies was useful.

Perhaps we could improve the view, but I'm not all that sure what
value it would add. Maybe we need to discuss this, but in the
meantime, I've attached a patch which just removes the view completely

Yeah, let's get rid of the view. It was quite useful before introducing the custom data types (and implicit casts to text), because pg_statistic_ext would simply return the whole bytea value. But since then the view kinda lost the purpose and no one really noticed.

regards