> I still do not understand "why" this variant vs CommonMark or whatever
>>> other version.
>>>

>> Because of simply implementation and readability (looks similar to aligned
>> format) and it is comfortable to edit generated table (changing values,
>> aligning columns etc.).
>>

> Hmmm. Why not.
>
> Sorry, maybe I`m not understanding, there is problems with characters like
>> pipe in cells, pipe should be escaped. What other special markdown
>> characters? Escaping html code in cells?
>>

> Markdown include characters/sequences which are interpreted as markers:
> _Italic_, **Bold**, *** => horizontal rules, > block quote... `inline
> code`... If they are interpreted within a table cell then probably they
> should be escaped somehow.

I`m able to sanitize characters, but complex sequences will be problem. I
will look on this, but I don`t know, if I`m able to do this.

My main interest on this was in rst. I`m using markdown only in github
issues and my knowldge about md is poor.

> Main of the functionality is used from aligned format. I tested returned

>>> point.
>>>

>> Could you send me example where?
>>

> I already did in the first mail with the example output copy pasted from
> psql. Some characters are pipe and others are BOX DRAWINGS LIGHT VERTICAL
> characters.
>
> Maybe this is because I have in my ~/.psqlrc:
>
>  \pset linestyle unicode
>  \pset border 2
>
> in which case your reuse of the the aligned stuff should take care of the
> border setting to avoid using special UTF8 characters..

Yes, it looks it is done by linestyle.

jelen=# SELECT 1;

| ?column? |
|----------|
|        1 |

(1 row)

jelen=# \pset linestyle unicode
Line style is unicode.
jelen=# SELECT 1;

│ ?column? │
|----------|
│        1 │

(1 row)

jelen=#

I have prepared linestyle for rst and md, but I can`t switch linestyle
outside, because if i did it
\pset linestyle
wrote "markdown" or "rst".
I see, problem is only in cells borders, I will correct this.

Jan

--
Jelen
Starší čeledín datovýho chlíva