On 26.04.2017 00:47, Andres Freund wrote:
On 2017-04-25 21:11:08 +0000, Doug Doole wrote:
When I did this in DB2, I didn't use the parser - it was too expensive. I
just tokenized the statement and used some simple rules to bypass the
invalid cases. For example, if I saw the tokens "ORDER" and "BY" then I'd
disallow replacement replacement until I hit the end of the current
subquery or statement.
How did you manage plan invalidation and such?

The same mechanism as for prepared statements.
Cached plans are linked in the list by SaveCachedPlan function and are invalidated by PlanCacheRelCallback.

- Andres

--
Konstantin Knizhnik
The Russian Postgres Company