Andrew Dunstan <> writes:
> I've been trying to track down the cause of recent failures at the "make
> check" stage on frogmouth, a 32-bit Windows/Mingw instance running on XP.

I've been wondering about that too.

> Then I tried running (offline mode) the serial schedule instead of the
> parallel schedule, and it went through with no error. So then I tried
> setting MAX_CONNECTIONS=10 and that also worked - see
> <>
> I've reverted that setting, but if errors start to occur again we'll
> have some slight notion of where to look.

Judging by the recent history,
it's not 100% reproducible.  (Either that, or we un-broke it and re-broke
it within the last week, which seems improbable.)  So unless you made
quite a few successful runs with the lower MAX_CONNECTIONS setting,
I'm dubious that there's really a connection.

Having said that, I won't be a bit surprised if it is some sort of
parallelism effect.  I just don't think one test proves much.

                        regards, tom lane

Sent via pgsql-hackers mailing list (
To make changes to your subscription:

Reply via email to