On 2017-05-26 15:59, Petr Jelinek wrote:
Hi,

Hmm, I was under the impression that the changes we proposed in the
snapbuild thread fixed your issues, does this mean they didn't? Or the
modified versions of those that were eventually committed didn't? Or did
issues reappear at some point?

I do think the snapbuild fixed solved certain problems. I can't say where the present problems are caused (as I have said, I suspect logical replication, but also my own test-harness: perhaps it leaves some error-state lying around (although I do try hard to prevent that) -- so I just don't know.

I wouldn't say that problems (re)appeared at a certain point; my impression is rather that logical replication has become better and better. But I kept getting the odd failure, without a clear cause, but always (eventually) repeatable on other machines. I did the 1-minute pgbench-derail version exactly because of the earlier problems with snapbuild: I wanted a test that does a lot of starting and stopping of publication and subscription.

Erik Rijkers